Friday, August 24, 2007

the cat who would be a baby

Poor Mara - my first baby - she gets quite the short shrift these days, competing with two primo kidlets. She's figured out that if she can just stay as close as possible to Miss Em, she might get some attention too.
I got up early this morning to do some gardening while everyone else slept. Mara followed me from plant to plant keeping me company while I listened to "The News From Lake Wobegon" on my ipod (what a sweet way to start the day) so I rewarded her with a lovely brushing - which she stood for about three whole minutes. Love needs to be on her terms, not mine - she is a cat after all.

1 comment:

Simple Living said...

Wow... that is so amazing!!!
Our cat won't even stay in the same room as Henry.