Last night at dinner E asked, "Is this steak?" When I told him it was, he said, "Well, I don't eat meat. I care about animals." I asked him if he meant he didn't want any meat at all - like chicken, beef, pork - and then got more specific - hotdogs, hamburgers, sausage. E said, "Yes, I am not going to eat meat."
A couple of seconds later after pondering a bit, he asked, "Is bacon meat?" I said yes, that it came from pigs. He thought a moment and said, "I care about bacon more than pigs so I won't eat any meat except bacon.
His school has lots of vegetarian kids so I think he's experimenting a bit - but I totally understand his reluctance to give up bacon.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go E! Vegetarians rock so hard.
I'd suggest Cooking with Herb, the Vegetarian Dragon. It's a fun book with fun vegetarian cooking for kids.
Good luck with the bacon thing too...that's a hard one to give up.
Umm, that bacon comment makes me think E might just have a wee bit of Wisconsin in him!
We actually "import" our bacon from a small butcher shop in Woodville, Wisconsin - Oregon bacon can't compare. A shipment is coming with Nana and Jonesie on Thursday. relief!
Post a Comment